Monday, August 23, 2010

Marathon Birthday Season...

Summer marks the peak of the birthday season for the Ross family. Isabel, Dan, and I all celebrated marathon birthdays this year. We all managed to celebrate for days, and days, and days. We kicked off Isabel's celebration a day early this year. The family came over to open presents and for some ice cream cake and ice cream cupcakes (I heard they were delicious--but as I didn't taste them myself, I can't be really sure...).

Isabel with her very own Sonicare!


Izzy loves her grandparents!




Make a wish!
Isabel was surprised at the end of the party with an early gift from us--a TRAMPOLINE!! Too bad there was no grass in the back yard to go with it....


The next day, June 14, was Isabel's actual 6th birthday and the partying had just begun!

More presents...

Zhu Zhu mania...Games and puzzles for the ultimate gamester and puzzler...


Breakfast in bed--a birthday must...
Lunch with best friend Macee @ Wendy's...


And the ultimate Rock Star Birthday Party! What constitutes a Rock Star birthday party you might ask? Well, we did make-overs, posed for a photo shoot, had a dance party, sang a little karaoke, made rock star magnets (crafty, eh?), opened presents, and savored oreo ice cream sandwiches. Andrea Martin told me that this is exactly what rock stars do on their birthdays!

Strike a pose...

Is that a word search? Must be an English teacher involved...


True rock stars are always ready for a photo op...

No need wishing, I think your birthday wishes came true!


Up next, me! This year I celebrated my 34th birthday (YUCK!!)--the last birthday of my early thirties. It all started with some dinner at Texas Roadhouse the night before my birthday. Nothing like loads of those delicious rolls to chase away the birthday blues. My actual birthday, July 29th, was a day was full of firsts--my first bloody nose in 25 years, my ditching class for the first time to play golf with Annie, and my first legitimate par on the golf course. I had lunch with my Grandma Joanne and my mom and sisters at the Pizza Factory as well. The next day we met up with the family for some dinner and presents at Thanksgiving Point. It's kind of a weird experience to buy yourself a birthday cake that you will not eat yourself, but I got enough sugar-free licorice to make up for it! One thing noticeably absent for my birthday this year, my camera. Use your imagination. I looked fabulous.

Last, and certainly not least, Dan celebrated his 35th birthday on August 23. We celebrated for at least a week to make this milestone year a little easier to swallow. On the 15th, Dan's family threw him the 9th birthday party he never had. We feasted on hot dogs and chips, broke a pinata, played games, ate snow cones, etc. They went all out to make and decorate this race car cake.


The next Saturday, Dan and I went on a birthday date while the girls were at dance camp. We played golf at The Ranches, went out to lunch, and bought a new TV! The next night, we invited the family over to celebrate. Dan made his famous teriyaki chicken and beef, complete with veggies on the bbq, rice, salad, etc. I made my famous peach dessert and score bar cake (for lack of a better title).


I think our wishes did come true this year--Isabel partied like a rock star, I have no evidence that I even had a birthday, and Dan finally got a new TV (too bad he can't sit on the couch). Good thing we have until January to recuperate for Lucy's birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm. score bar cake, that sounds a lot like better than sex cake, is that what you meant?

    ReplyDelete