Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lucky Number 13

This weekend Dan and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary!! It is absolutely mind boggling how quickly the time has gone by. In fact, it won't be long before we've known each other longer than we haven't... In my philosophy class the other night, we were talking about what makes for an ideal marriage partnership. In essence, we discussed that ideally one partner is strong where the other is weak and that they complement each other in every way making for a complete partnership. I know that Dan and I are certainly not perfect; however, I also know that he is yin to my yang. He is most certainly strong in the areas I am weak and vice versa. We bring balance to each other. We have fun together, we genuinely think the other is hilarious (most of the time), we rely on one another, we trust each other, and we work hard together. What an absolute gift to be able to share your life with your best friend...

So while the Griffins and my mom and dad kept Lucy and Isabel busy, we went for a long overdue weekend away to Park City where we managed to:

stay in a lovely cottage,


eat really delicious expensive food,

Signature Steaks

go to non-animated/non-Disney movies,


scream our guts out on the Alpine Slide and Alpine Coaster,


and hit the golf course (I highly recommend teeing up in the fairway).


Here's to a blissful weekend, 13 action-packed years, and a wonderful life!

1 comment:

  1. ummmm. did you delete the comment I left 4 days ago?

    Well...it said how dog-like you are for hiding this....and for ripping off my collage!

    My comments will totally fuel your blog fuel...if you post more....just sayin. And, your posterity will thank you.

    I know it's in your blood not to "conform."
    But, do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete